Oral health means more than just an attractive smile. Poor oral health and untreated oral diseases and conditions can have a significant impact on quality of life. In many cases, the condition of the mouth mirrors the condition of the body as a whole.
Regular teeth cleaning and wellness exams allow Dr. Huber and his team to keep your mouth in tip-top shape. They watch for developments that may point to problems elsewhere in your body. Know you are in good hands as they provide the following services at these appointments:
- A review and updating of your medical history.
- An assessment of your gum tissue so that your dental cleaning can be customized to your health needs.
- As needed radiographs.
- A thorough cleaning with your comfort in mind.
- An assessment of the health of your teeth, fillings, crowns, TMJ joint and oral soft tissues.
- Education and Information on items related to your health.
Oral Cancer Screening
Oral cancer is one of the most common cancers, with roughly 35,000 new cases reported annually in the United States. If not diagnosed and treated in its early stages, oral cancer can spread, leading to pain, loss of function, facial/oral disfigurement and even death. This is why at each visit Dr. Huber and his team check about 10 places inside and around the mouth looking for lumps or irregular tissue changes. Routine oral cancer screenings are a great benefit to you and your health.